2024 Foundation (Prep) enrolments
The Department of Education and Training (DET) has released a new statewide Foundation (Prep) enrolment timeline.
The timeline advises families when and how to enrol their child into Foundation (Prep) at a Victorian government primary school, including Carrum Primary School.
The new timeline will apply for children starting Foundation (Prep) in 2024. All government primary schools will follow the new timeline in 2023 to support Foundation (Prep) enrolments for the 2024 school year.
You can find information and resources about the new timeline, including factsheets, at: Enrolling in Foundation (Prep). You can also download the ‘Foundation (Prep) Enrolment Information Pack for Parents/Carers for the 2024 school year’ from the Starting School webpage (available from 24 April 2023).
You will be able to apply to enrol your child in Foundation (Prep) 2024 at Carrum Primary School from 24 April 2023.
Steps for Parents and Carers:
1. Contact our school on 9772 1117 to book a school tour or to learn more about our school and the enrolment application process.
2. Download the Foundation (Prep) enrolment information pack from Enrolling in Foundation (Prep) (available from 24 April 2023).
3. Submit an enrolment application for Foundation (Prep) by Friday 28 July 2023.
4. You will be notified of the outcome of your application by Friday 11 August 2023. If you receive an offer of placement, you should contact our school to accept the offer by Friday 25 August 2023.
5. Take part in enrolment information and transition sessions during Term 4, 2023.
6. Your child will start Foundation (Prep) from Tuesday 30 January 2024.
Enrolment applications submitted after 28 July 2023 will be processed by our school as they are received, in accordance with the department’s Placement Policy.
Prep 2024 Tours
Prep 2024 Tours are a great way to discover Carrum Primary School. If you would like to book one of the dates listed below please contact our school office on 9772 1117.
• Wednesday 8th March- 9.30 am
• Tuesday 14th March- 9.30 am
• Wednesday 22nd March- 9.30 am
• Tuesday 28th March- 9.30 am
• Wednesday 3rd May- 9.30 am
• Tuesday 9th May- 9.30 am
• Wednesday 17th May- 9.30 am
• Tuesday 23rd May- 9:30 am
• Wednesday 31st May- 9:30 am
• Tuesday 6th June- 9:30 am
• Wednesday 14th June- 9:30 am
• Wednesday 12th July- 9:30 am
• Tuesday 18th July- 9:30 am
• Wednesday 26th July- 9:30 am
Parent Information Evenings
• Thursday 27th April 2023 from 6–7pm at Carrum Primary School in the Multi-Purpose Room- Enrolment information and a school overview.
• Tuesday 10th October 2023 from 6-7pm at Carrum Primary School in the Multi-Purpose Room- Preparing your child for the school in 2024.
An Orientation program for enrolled Preps is held in November/December to allow our new Preps to become familiar with their future classrooms, teachers and the school environment. This program consists of the following four sessions. We would love to see your child attend all of these sessions.
• Tuesday 21st November 2023- 9:15 am to 10:50 am
• Tuesday 28th November 2023- 9.15 am to 10:50 am
• Tuesday 5th December 2023- 9.15 am to 10:50 am
• Tuesday 12th December 2023- 9.15 am to 10:50 am
During these sessions parents are invited to stay and enjoy a cup of tea and a chat. We will have a speaker at each of these sessions, which will include Clem Langford (Carrum PS Principal), a representative from PSW – Primary School Wear (uniform shop provider) and a representative from TheirCare (before and after school hours provider).
A student’s life at Carrum is full of exciting opportunities to learn, grow and develop their values, skills and knowledge. Come and join us!
If you have any Enrolment Enquiries please email us at [email protected] OR call our Administration Office on (03) 97721117.
Our School Zone
Information about our School Zone is available on findmyschool.vic.gov.au, which hosts the most up-to-date information on school zones in Victoria.
Students residing within our school zone are guaranteed a place at our school, which is determined on the basis of your permanent residential address.
Our School manages enrolments using the Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and may enrol at another school, if there are available spaces.
If you would like to submit an Out of School Zone Expression of Interest to enrol at Carrum PS, please complete this form Click Here
For more information, you can:
+ visit School zones for answers to frequently asked questions.
+ call the School Provision and Establishment Division via the Victorian School Building Authority (VSBA) on 1800 896 950
+ or email: [email protected]